Tuesday, June 17, 2014

About Me - First Post

Hello! Thanks for coming to my site today.

Since this will be a running series of blog entries, I thought it best to first give a brief "About Me" entry to better familiarize myself with my readers.

My name is Anthony Prochaska (but everyone calls me Scoops) and I am a business student at Illinois State University. I grew up in the northern suburbs of Chicago and moved to Bloomington/Normal Illinois 2 years ago to attend school here. In addition to going to school full-time, I also work as an Assistant Manager at Best Buy Mobile inside the Eastland Mall off of Empire St, so if anyone ever needs a phone or tablet, come see me!

On a more personal note, I have a girlfriend named Genevieve and we have been dating for almost 3 years now.

Gen graduated from Illinois State University this past May, and she moved back to our hometown to save some money while looking for a job. In the meantime I will be staying in BloNo until I finish my degree next May. 

The point of this blog is simple, as it is required by a class I am currently taking this summer. However, this also gives me the opportunity to attempt to monetize something that I really do love - Magic the Gathering. Yes, the card game. While I am a very responsible person in my personal life (work, school, etc), I do still have some time for hobbies, and my hobby of choice is playing a card game. The thought processes and skill required are nothing to scoff at, and while many may see games like Magic as "kiddie" or "stupid", some of the smartest people I know play Magic and also have rich personal lives. 

Tomorrow we will talk about Magic Fundamentals, and Thursday will be an article about the recent top-8 of SCG Columbus. 


Until then,

Scoops

No comments:

Post a Comment